1. I looked back from my comfy spot on the couch to see #2 chewing on a flip flop. With #1 I would have literally squirted the antibacterial INTO HIS MOUTH, but with #2, I finished my text, then went to pick him up. I know full well that a little shoe germ never hurt anyone.
2. We’ve locked our doors and hung out in the neighbors back yard with the monitor while both kids were sleeping. I would have reported myself for child abuse had I done this for #1.
3. I was munching on a club cracker. 7 month old #2 pulls my arm in and takes a bite. Instead of doing the finger-mouth-swipe I did with #1, I let him enjoy it. Then gave him the rest of the cracker.
4. I’ve noticed #2 seems really happy watching Mickey Mouse Club House with #1. Instead of changing it to Baby Einstein and setting the timer for 7 1/4 minutes, I let him watch. The whole episode.
5. The middle of the night wake ups and sleep deprivation from #2 doesn’t bother me much. I know now that the time flies so very quickly, so I’m enjoying the middle of the night snuggles.
6. Schedule. What schedule? It just happens when it happens.
7. I realized Gerber really knows what they’re doing with baby food and while I enjoy making it, its so totally fine to give the jar stuff every now and then. Or all the time.
8. #2 sleeps well in his carseat. So there he sleeps. I’m not even googling to see if this is acceptable.
9. Our first date night after #1 was when he was over 1 year old. With #2, it was just over 1 month. And he survived.
10. Give them the passie. ASAP. Babies are born with a comfort that comes from sucking. My nipples are not. The end. Your kid will not go to school with a passie. #1 is proof of that.
Moral of the story? Stop looking to see if you’re doing it “right” and relax. Enjoy this thing called motherhood from the beginning and don’t take it all so seriously. Seriously.
I use affiliate links on this blog. By you clicking those links, I make some moolah. Which of course, I will spend on shoes. Your pricing to purchase items is not increased by linking through my blog. So click away. I have shoes to buy!