December is the best month of the year, right?! I love the holiday season, but along with it comes a lot of chaos in the schedule. I try to simplify my life in any way that I can, because I really want to relax and enjoy this time with my family. Sometimes, that’s easier said than done, especially as a mom! I’ll be joining Heather for a Mom’s Naptime Power Hour on Instagram Live at 11am EST today to talk about the holidays, prepping for guests and keeping the home clean with Bona! I’d love if you’re able to join in on the conversation and share your tips, too!
We’re traveling quite a bit this month and with dinner parties and holiday food, I felt like taking a break from meal planning just made sense. Even though I’m making that choice, I didn’t want to eat poorly on the days I can cook at home. Here are some of my easy go-to dinners that are simple, not time consuming and pretty healthy.
- Sausage and Veggie Bake – This doesn’t have an actual recipe, but that’s part of the fun! I use chicken sausage and toss it with whatever veggies I have. My favorite are brussel sprouts, onion, zucchini, sweet potato and peppers. Just toss in some olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken – I don’t have a picture of this one, but it’s a sheet pan dish that is so delicious!
- Crockpot Lemon Thyme Chicken – Crockpot meals are so great, especially in the winter! This is a very simple meal that my whole family loves. I usually use a mix of white and sweet potatoes.
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole – This is absolutely my favorite meal from Whole30. It’s got some heat, so I make a separate smaller dish without the sauce for the kids. Throw a salad on the side and it’s a great meal. (and yummy breakfast the next morning!)
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Chili – I buy cubed sweet potatoes in the produce section to save time. This dish is a big hit and super filling.
- Eggroll In a Bowl – This is delicious and only requires 1 pan. You can use regular soy sauce in place of coconut aminos, if you like.
- Sloppy Joe Bowls – I’ve replaced the dates with some honey to make it much easier. Once you do that, it’s very easy!
- Pesto Chicken – This is a really yummy dish. I just used store-bought pesto to take out all the hard work and bake cubed potatoes along with it.
- Sheetpan Fajita Bowls – I love to make fajitas like this, because it’s way easier and doesn’t stink up the kitchen like the cooktop does! I eat it in a bowl with black beans, lettuce, guacamole and some corn chips.
I just pinned this 30 Whole30 sheet pan recipes that I want to try some of! I’m not on whole30 but eat much like that, so I love a good meal that fits those guidelines! I have these Southwest Chicken Packets on my radar, too. They look easy and delish!
Do you have any go to meals that are easy? Drop the link to the recipe in the comments if you do!
chelsea jacobs says
That crockpot sweet potato chili sounds delicious!
I love sheet pan meals! The sausage and veggie meal looks delicious!
Lori Carey says
That sheet pan sausage & veggies looks so good! I think I found what I am going to meal prep for next week!