I’ve lived my whole life with a deep love for a deal. I like to call myself frugal, but reality is, I’m pretty darn cheap. But there’s the fashion loving side of me that wants new pieces every season. I might spend more on classic pieces and traditional styles, but if I want to wear something trendy, you can pretty much bet I won’t be shopping at a high end store.
Enter SheIn. It’s one of my favorite places to shop for deals on pieces that are surprisingly similar to ones you’d see in a fancy mall. You’d be shocked at how things are a fraction of the prices you’d see elsewhere! I can find lower prices similar to this at Forever 21, Target, or Old Navy with the ability to try on before I make my choice. But I’ve found that the selection at a place like SheIn is way better and not seen all over your town. I probably have 50+ pieces from SheIn and have only had a couple that didn’t work for me. At the bottom of this post are all my tips on how you can order the right pieces for you!
I just got a package in the mail and I thought it would be fun to show you exactly how things fit. If you want a video version, check out my Instastories under the fashion tab. For reference, I’m 5’2″ and usually wear a small, or size 2.
Black Peplum Top. I wore this for date night and think it is so adorable! It’s stretchy fabric, but the peplum part is a thicker fabric that stands up really well. It’s super comfy and very good quality. I’m wearing a size small.
Bow Sleeve Sweater. This is an easy fitting sweater with a longer hem. The sleeves are split on the side, just to the wrist, and have a bow tie that you can adjust the tightness of. The sleeves are long, coming close to the bottom of my fingers, but the split makes it so you can still use your hands! I’m wearing a size small.
Open Front Cardigan. This is a perfect spring transition piece! It’s very lightweight, with pockets on either side and it comes in 15 different colors. I will be ordering a couple more! The sleeves are just long enough for me, so if you’re tall, I would size up. I’m wearing a size small.
Crossover Sweater. I’ve seen one very similar to this one for over $60! This is a thick sweater with an oversized fit. I put a tank underneath, because if you move just so, you can see through the sides or top. It would be a perfect piece for a nursing mom and I wish I had it when I was breastfeeding! I’m wearing a size small.
Floral Raglan Tee. This one is a tad more fitted than the others, but I wouldn’t size up, as I like that it gives a little more shape. It’s way more fun than a basic tee, but is still just as comfy. I’m wearing a size small.
Black Lace Dress: This dress is GORGEOUS. Seriously great quality and perfect for attending a wedding. I love how it is covering, but still shows off just enough skin. I would recommend a strapless bra so you can’t see it through the lace at the top. It fits true to size and I’m wearing a small.
Ready to place an order? Here are my tips:
- Read the reviews. This is the biggest thing you can do to get a piece that will fit and that you love. I typically only go for things that are over 3 stars and adjust my sizing choice based on the reviews as well.
- Look at the style gallery. Under the description, is what they call the style gallery. It’s where buyers upload photos of themselves wearing the piece and it gives a very real expectation of what you’d be getting. Seeing people of all sizes wearing it can also help you decide if it’s a good fit for your body type. (If you upload your own image, you can get reward points to use for more shopping!)
- Get out your measuring tape. One of my favorite things, is that each piece has several measurements listed. I’ll often measure if I feel like a top looks short or if s dress looks super fitted.
- Stick to easy fitting pieces. If you’re skeptical about how things will fit, stick to sweaters, tees, cardigans and lounge pants. I’ve never gotten a pair of jeans from them and have only chosen dresses that have a good amount of reviews.
- Plan ahead. It takes 6-8 days to ship to the US. You can pay for expedited shipping, but I just prefer planning ahead a bit and waiting on the order. It typically comes a bit sooner than I expected.
If that’s not enough, SheIn offers free shipping and free returns within 30 days. So your really don’t have anything to lose!
Have you every ordered from SheIn or a similar site? What did you think?